HELB Invites 2021 KCSE Candidates for the Application For 2022-2023 First-time Loans
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has announced that applications for student loans for students enrolled in universities and TVET institutions for the 2022-2023 academic year are now open.
Kenyan students placed by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) and those enrolled in self-sponsored programs at public and private universities in Kenya
and the East African Community that are accredited by the Commission for University Education are eligible to apply, according to a notice from HELB .
“Please ensure that you read, understand, and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process including reading and undertaking the HELB Financial Literacy Programme,” the HELB statement read.
On How To Create an account on the HELB portal
1. Visit HELB Student portal website
2. Click on the Tab Indicated create account to create your HELB account with a new password.
3. Confirm your email and phone number to gain access.
4. Log in to your account using your email and password.
5. Fill in your profile on the portal with your details. Personal details including Name, ID number, KRA Pin, Date of Birth, Religion Telephone Number, Gender, Marital Status and Indicate if you are employed.
6. Also upload your photo and fill in your address both postal and physical address showing the County, Consitutency, and Ward.
Procedure on How to apply for HELB
A visit to the HELB website is required to access the student portal and register, establish, and activate an account.
After logging in, they should choose the 2022–2023 undergraduate TVET Loan Application Form (LAF).
“Print two copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form. Ensure you preview the form and correct it where necessary before you submit it for printing. Have the forms appropriately filled and signed where necessary,” HELB has advised.
They are to present one copy of the duly filled loan application form and all the attached support documents at any of the Hudumacenters including Nairobi-GPO, Machakos, Mombasa, Nakuru,
Eldoret, Kisumu, Kakamega, Kisii, Nyeri, Embu, Kitui, Bungoma, Lodwar, Meru, Thika, Kitale, Kericho, Nandi, Murang’a, Garissa, Narok, Migori, Chuka, Kilifi, Taita Taveta, WestPokot, Bomet and Makueni.
They can also deliver it to the HELB Student Service Centre Anniversary Towers or send it to HELB through registered and secured mail or courier.
It is also mandatory for applicants to retain a copy of the duly filled and signed LAF.
Upon submission of the loan application, there will be progressive notifications on receipt, verification of the application, award and disbursements of upkeep and tuition loans, and where applicable, the bursary.