KEBS: Kenyans Have Been Consuming Unfit Cooking Oil & Fat. See The List Of Suspended Brands.
KEBs Suspends 10 Edible Oils and Fats, Recalls Brands from Market: “Non Compliant”
The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBs) has suspended 10 edible oils and fats over non-compliance.
The government agency said it took action to protect Kenyans from consuming substandard products in the market.
“Kindly note that this is not a ban on the brands but a temporary suspension to allow
the manufacturers of the non-compliant brands to initiate and put in place effective corrective action
under KEGS supervision to ensure that the non-compliant brands comply with the requirements of the respective Kenya
Standards and Standards Act Cap 496, Laws of Kenya before being allowed back into the market,” it said in a letter.
List of affected brands
1. Bahari Fry The product is manufactured by Bidco Africa.
2. Fresh Fri Fresh Fri is a product of Pwani Oil Ltd
3. Fresh Fri with Garlic Oil The edible oil is manufactured by Pwani Oil Ltd
4. Fry Mate Fry Mate is another product of Pwani Oil Ltd.
5. Gold and Pure Olive Gold Gold and Pure Olive Gold are produced by Bidco Africa Ltd.
6. Postman Postman is manufactured by Kapa Oil Refineries along Mombasa Road.
7. Rina Rina is an edible oil produced by Kapa Oil.
8. Salit Salit is manufactured by Pwani Oil Ltd.
10. Top Fry.