Kenya Red Cross Society Announces Job Vacancies, Requirements, How To Apply And Deadline
Kenya Red Cross Society Announces Job Vacancies, requirements, how to apply and deadline
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
1.Community Based Surveillance Data Officer
Kenya Red Cross Society is a leading humanitarian organisation sustainably promoting the wellbeing, health and resilience of communities in Kenya. The Society is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following positions:
Position Title: Community Based Surveillance Data Officer
Reporting To: Data Manager
Reporting technically to the Data Manager and administratively to the CP3 project coordinator, the CBS Data Officer will be responsible for overall data updates and management of data by managing and maintaining the overall databases that tracks the CP3 Project CBS data to include timely actions and response of the CBS alerts. S/He will be responsible for maintaining technical quality of the CBS data.
S/he will be training and building capacity within the NS and with partners as relevant and overseeing the data management and timely actions to CBS alerts raised by volunteers and community.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
As both demand and scale of CBS increases, NSs implementing the CP3 project are applying a standardized methodology of CBS and developing a ‘CBS Hub’ at their HQ levels in order to support the implementation in the field in both preparedness and emergency response programs.
The CBS Data Officer position has a key role in:
- Maintaining technical quality of the CBS program
- Training and building capacity within the NS and with partners as relevant, and
Overseeing the data management processes and timely actions in response to CBS alerts raised by volunteers and communities.
The CBS Officer is responsible for the following tasks:
- Supervise the implementation of CBS in the CP3 program, with close monitoring for quality control in the field.
- Support the CBS Field Officers and Branch CBS Supervisors to work as a team, support them to manage CBS alerts and to coordinate with authorities for investigation and response.
- Manage the CBS database in the central ‘CBS Hub’ – ensure the database is maintained up-to-date, investigation, response and outcomes are followed-up and documented.
- Analyze CBS data on a daily and weekly basis to take action on critical alerts and summaries the alerts and zero report performance.
- Prepare data visualization dashboards, reports, presentations, and support in publications for sharing the CBS data results with the field teams and with external partners. Contribute to evaluation studies.
- Contribute to work plans, budgets and reports for the implementation of CBS activities.
- Ensure that NS CBS guidelines, protocols, training materials and monitoring systems are revised and up to date.
- Support CBS Master trainings in-country and coordinate and oversee cascade field trainings.
- Support expansion of CBS and provide technical support and guidance on CBS to other programs and emergency response operations to ensure that all CBS implementations apply the standardised CBS methods and data is managed in the central ‘CBS Hub’ database.
- Actively collaborate with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock and partners in TWGs and CBS-related forums on a regular basis, maintain positive professional relationships and represent the NS with high technical standard of CBS.
- Collaborate with NS Branch management, County officials, volunteers, and stakeholders in support of improved epidemic preparedness and response in communities.
- Coordinate and link CBS with other CP3 program aspects, for instance data readiness.
- Coordinate and link CBS with other NS departments such as WASH, HNSS, DM for disease response programs where CBS is relevant, such as cholera control or emergencies, immunization program, disaster response operations etc.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated knowledge and professional skills on the public health aspects of infectious disease control, specifically understanding of surveillance / epidemiological systems and data.
- Excellent computer skills. (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in both English and Kiswahili), strong presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to develop data collection tools in electronic platform and proficiency in data analysis using the statistical tools (R, Stata)
- Strong operational management ability: a clear focus on quality, precision, and attention to detail
- Competence with Excel and PowerPoint to prepare graphs and presentations.
- A team-oriented and collaborative approach; flexible and responsive when working with other departments and teams.
- Willingness to travel between HQ and the field program locations.
- Able to work with your own initiative and solve problems.
Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity, establish straightforward, productive relationships; treat staff with fairness and respect, demonstrate sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender difference.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, social science, nursing, veterinary science, or any relevant degree.
- Post Graduate qualification in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health information Management systems or public management of communicable diseases will be an added advantage
- At least 3 year experience working in public health programs in the development or humanitarian sector
- Experience with community-based surveillance, public health surveillance, IDSR, or epidemic response operations.
- Familiarity with diseases of epidemic potential, and One Health principles
- Knowledge of the National health and surveillance systems
- Experience participating in forums with Ministry officials and partners, as a representative of the organization
- Experience conducting trainings and workshops
- Experience with geospatial mapping or use of epidemiological or health information system data
- Experience supporting a team of staff, especially by distance in field positions
- Experience working with Red Cross or other development organization, especially with a community focus
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/careers to reach us not later than 18th March 2022; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click on the links below to apply other vacancies