Current Jobs In Ruto’s Government And How To Apply.
PS Jobs in Ruto’s Gov’t: How to Apply
The Public Service Commission (PSC) on Wednesday, September 7 issued a call for applications for Principal Secretaries.
They will be deployed in the incoming administration of President-elect William Ruto and his deputy Rigathi Gachagua.
Article 155 of the Constitution tasks the President with nominating a person for appointment as PS from among persons recommended by the Public Service Commission.
The names of the nominees will then be forwarded to the National Assembly for approval.
The current cohort of 44 Principal Secretaries will exit office along with President Uhuru Kenyatta once Ruto is sworn in on Tuesday, September 13.
Principal Secretaries serve as the accounting officers of various state departments. They are tasked with implementing various government policies and strategic plans,
facilitating the achievement of the goals of various government projects and developing and implementing effective performance management systems.
They earn close to a million shillings in monthly salary, and enjoy perks including an official car, a driver, a bodyguard, aides including two secretaries and a personal assistant. The State also maintains their houses.
Qualifications required for applicants are;
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Hold a degree from a university recognized in Kenya
- Have at least ten years relevant professional experience, five years of which should have been in a leadership position or at a top management level in the public service or private sector
- Possess general knowledge of the organization and functions of government
- Demonstrate an understanding of the goals, policies and developmental objectives of the nation
- Have demonstrable leadership and management capacity including knowledge of financial management and strategic people management
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity
How to Apply:
- Each Application should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and transcripts, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany an online application.
- All applications should be clearly marked ‘Application for the Position of Principal Secretary’ and be submitted in any one of the following ways:
- Manual applications should be hand delivered to the Office of the Secretary/CEO situated on the fourth floor of Commission House, off Harambee Avenue.
- Online applications should be e-mailed in pdf format to [email protected]
- Posted applications should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission
P.O Box 30095-00100