How To Join Teachers Unions KUPPET, KNUT, KEWOTA Online.
The Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers – KUPPET, is a registered trade union that represents teachers in secondary schools and other post primary learning institutions.
If you are a teacher, employed by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) ,then it is necessary that you join either KUPPET, KNUT and even KEWOTA (which is an association for female teachers).
The Labour Relations Act of Kenya (2007), Part VI Section 49 provides for deduction of Agency Fee from employees covered by Collective Agreements (CBAS).
An employee paying agency fee is not a member of the union.
How to confirm KUPPET Membership from the the TSC online Payslip system.
To confirm your membership in KUPPET follow the following procedure:
- Log in to TSC Payslip,
- Click My Transaction and then Check Running Transaction Details.
- For a KUPPET Member the Ref Account column should show “KUPPET”
- For a teacher paying Agency Fee the Ref Account column shows “AGENCY FEE”
How to join KUPPET using Online T-Pay Registration System
1. Log in “TSC ONLINE PAYSLIP”
2. Go to “3RD PARTIES”
3. Click “CLICK HERE TO SEND YOUR PAYSLIP
4. Click “SELECT CATEGORY”
5. Go to “SWA”
6. Select “COMPANY CATEGORY”
7. Go to “KUPPET UNION DUES”
8. Click “SEND PAYSLIP
(A message “Pay slip for this month has already been sent to KUPPET UNION DUES” will appear).
9. Alert the branch office by sending your Official Name, TSC Number and Name of Institution by SMS to the executive secretary or any elected Branch Executive Committee (BEC) member.
The will follow it up with the TSC to ensure that you union membership status is updated.
The same process is followed when joining KNUT and KEWOTA online.
Joining a union of your choice is a noble action that you should embrace. Being a union member enables you to participate in the election process at branch level. The union can as well arbitrate in matters between teachers and the employer, TSC.